Lime Cream Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lime slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter, water and lime juice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and lime juice. Fold in whipped cream. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1-1/4 cups filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost the top of cake with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 404 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 14, 2010
This cake is extremely easy to make and like everyone else has said, the longer it fridgerates/older it gets the better it tastes! My co-workers really enjoyed it!
Jan 6, 2009
I love this cake also, and anytime I take it to a cook out or to a luncheon I am always asked for the recipe...I press a lime out to flaten and use it for a palm tree leaves, use a sliver of carrot for the tree base...makes for a lovely decoration of top of the cake
Apr 11, 2008
We love this cake, I make it all the time, but I use Key Lime juice instead. It reminds us of past vacations.