Best Lime Tart
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter, almonds and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, lime juice and zest. Pour over crust. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream and grated lime zest. Spread over tart. Garnish with raspberries and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 288 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 18, 2015
The new family favorite! Toe-curlingly delicious. I can't find my tart pan so I used a spring form pan. Worked fantastic!
Dec 27, 2014
Nothing short of amazing. Passed the recipe on to a friend who agreed! This one's a keeper!
Jul 21, 2013
Great flavor...nice balance of sweet to tart.
Jun 5, 2012
This is a fantastic recipe. A little too sweet for my taste, but still a great recipe. I did use a tart pan with removable bottom - well worth the $$ investment! Next time I'll try key limes to give it a more "limey" taste. I also added the grated lime peel to the whipping cream before it was whipped, after whipping to stiff, I added the sour cream and continued to beat. It worked out fine, still held its stiff peaks, and saved a step.
May 4, 2012
My tart pan has a removable bottom.
May 4, 2012
This was delicious! Thanks for a great recipe. I will make again. If you have any tips on how to remove the tart from the pan - I'd appreciate it.
Apr 9, 2012
HONESTLY FOLKS THIS PIE IS OUT OF BOUNDS..... I ADDED A DASH OF CINNIMON TO THE GRAHM CRACKER CRUMBS AND SOME VANILLA BEAN PASTE TO THE THE FILLING AND DEPENDING ON YOUR LIME TARTNESS I GRADUALLY ADDED FRESH LIME JUICE WHICH IS WAY BETTER TO GET THE DESIRED TASTE U LIKE I USED LESS THEN 1/2 A CUP..... THE WHIP CREAM TOPPING I USED A DASH OF VANILLA AS WELL....IF YOU DONT MAKE THIS PIE U DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING...AND LOOKING FOWARD TO MAKING IT AGAIN...:)
Jul 9, 2011
It was wonderful! I didn't have a tart pan so I used a rectangular glass dish and it still turned out fabulous. My dad ate the whole thing within a day!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.