Best Lime Tart
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Fresh raspberries and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter, almonds and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, lime juice and zest. Pour over crust. Bake 12-14 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream and grated lime zest. Spread over tart. Garnish with raspberries and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 288 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 29, 2019
I have made this several times now and love it! Each time I've made it someone has asked for the recipe. The ground almonds (not almond flour) in the crust really make the crust phenomenal. The whipped topping isn't too sweet and balanced the tartness from the lime really well. I am annoyed by Ceege (4 start rater). She did not even make it and was unwilling to do a little leg work and now has tarnished the perfect rating this awesome tart had. Make it. You'll love it!
Jul 17, 2019
This sounds like what I have been looking for. However, I need to make the small mini tartlets (for a shower). Can this recipe be adapted to do that? If so, how long should I bake it and how many will it make.
Jan 18, 2015
The new family favorite! Toe-curlingly delicious. I can't find my tart pan so I used a spring form pan. Worked fantastic!
Dec 27, 2014
Nothing short of amazing. Passed the recipe on to a friend who agreed! This one's a keeper!
Jul 21, 2013
Great flavor...nice balance of sweet to tart.
Jun 5, 2012
This is a fantastic recipe. A little too sweet for my taste, but still a great recipe. I did use a tart pan with removable bottom - well worth the $$ investment! Next time I'll try key limes to give it a more "limey" taste. I also added the grated lime peel to the whipping cream before it was whipped, after whipping to stiff, I added the sour cream and continued to beat. It worked out fine, still held its stiff peaks, and saved a step.
May 4, 2012
My tart pan has a removable bottom.
May 4, 2012
This was delicious! Thanks for a great recipe. I will make again. If you have any tips on how to remove the tart from the pan - I'd appreciate it.
Apr 9, 2012
HONESTLY FOLKS THIS PIE IS OUT OF BOUNDS..... I ADDED A DASH OF CINNIMON TO THE GRAHM CRACKER CRUMBS AND SOME VANILLA BEAN PASTE TO THE THE FILLING AND DEPENDING ON YOUR LIME TARTNESS I GRADUALLY ADDED FRESH LIME JUICE WHICH IS WAY BETTER TO GET THE DESIRED TASTE U LIKE I USED LESS THEN 1/2 A CUP..... THE WHIP CREAM TOPPING I USED A DASH OF VANILLA AS WELL....IF YOU DONT MAKE THIS PIE U DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING...AND LOOKING FOWARD TO MAKING IT AGAIN...:)
Jul 9, 2011
It was wonderful! I didn't have a tart pan so I used a rectangular glass dish and it still turned out fabulous. My dad ate the whole thing within a day!