Passion Fruit Hurricanes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups passion fruit juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 6 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Orange slices, starfruit slices and maraschino cherries
- In a pitcher, combine the fruit juice, sugar, lime juice, rum and grenadine; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into hurricane or highball glasses filled with ice. Serve with orange slices, starfruit slices and cherries.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 340 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Sep 3, 2016
Really good. I gradually added sugar based on the other reviews. I thought a bit more than 3/4 c was just about right. These are pretty strong.
Jun 12, 2013
A big hit, I tripled the recipe to make a big party batch, but DO NOT add the sugar, it is sweet enough without. YUM!
Jul 26, 2012
I'll bet the test kitchen had fun trying this one! lol
Dec 24, 2011
Waaaaay too sweet and you can't taste a hint of alcohol. I would eliminate the sugar and add more booze for sure
Aug 22, 2011
Made this hurricane recipe for a patio party... it was a HUGE hit!
Aug 19, 2011