Pan-Fried Chicken Athena
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Lemon wedges
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chives and parsley. Spoon over chicken and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 1 tablespoon sauce: 240 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Dec 12, 2017
So delicious! I would double the sauce next time. We didn't have any leftovers which is unusual for my bunch. The boys asked me to put this into our regular rotation.
Nov 3, 2016
Easy recipe, but did not care for the sauce.
Jul 27, 2014
Very good dish. I took the advice of other reviewers and doubled the sauce. Chicken turned out very tender and juicy,
May 4, 2014
This is delicious but you do need to double all of the ingredients for the sauce. My whole family including the kids love this recipe. It is a regular in our house.
Jun 15, 2013
We made this the other night and it was delicious. Because it is only my husband and I, we only used two chicken breast halves but we kept the sauce recipe as us. We had enough sauce for the two of us but if we made it for more people we'd double the sauce. This recipe will be added into the dinner time rotation.
Jan 4, 2012
To tangy for my liking and there didnt seem to be enough sauce, we only had enough for maybe a tsp per breast?
Dec 7, 2011
Kids devoured it. Great, quick and very flavorful way to make chicken breasts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.