Orzo with Feta and Arugula
My family enjoys the orzo salad because it is a good blend of flavors. I like it for picnics because there is no mayonnaise, so it can sit out longer. This tastes delicious served either warm or cool. —Laura Adamsky, Decatur, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain orzo; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large bowl, combine arugula, feta, almonds, cherries, oil, salt and pepper. Add orzo; toss to coat. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Orzo Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.