Oreos and Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-1/2 pounds
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- 10 candy cane or chocolate mint creme Oreo cookies, split and chopped
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper. In the top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cookies; spread over prepared pan.
- Microwave white baking chips on high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in extract. Drizzle over dark chocolate mixture; sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Cool. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 141 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2016
I love anything with mint and chocolate. This recipe was so easy to make. I didn't have dark chocolate so I used semi-sweet chips and melted them in the microwave. I also did not have white bark so I just used the crushed candy canes on top. It didn't affect the taste at all and they were still very attractive with just the crushed mints. This recipe makes a lot so I was able to take it to 2 functions and received several compliments at each. This recipe is a keeper!
Dec 18, 2016
Very easy and VERY GOOD!!!! Sooooooo rich!
Nov 29, 2016
This was a really simple recipe to follow. I melted the chips in the microwave as I have a button for melting chocolate. I did have trouble melting the white chips. I burned two bowls before I remembered melting these chips for a cookie drizzle. I added a teaspoon of white vegetableshortening and it did fine. I also had purchased crushed peppermint for another recipe so that was easy. Nice addition to a cookie plate.