Oreos and Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- 10 candy cane or chocolate mint creme Oreo cookies, split and chopped
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- 1. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment. In the top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cookies; spread over prepared pan.
- 2. Microwave white baking chips on high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in extract. Drizzle over dark chocolate mixture; sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Cool. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- 3. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
1 ounce: 141 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 9, 2018I agree with the other reviewer on the white chocolate chips. They were way too thick to be drizzled onto the base. I ended up dropping it by spoonfuls. It looked awful but tasted good.
Dec 20, 2016
I love anything with mint and chocolate. This recipe was so easy to make. I didn't have dark chocolate so I used semi-sweet chips and melted them in the microwave. I also did not have white bark so I just used the crushed candy canes on top. It didn't affect the taste at all and they were still very attractive with just the crushed mints. This recipe makes a lot so I was able to take it to 2 functions and received several compliments at each. This recipe is a keeper!
Dec 18, 2016
Very easy and VERY GOOD!!!! Sooooooo rich!
Nov 29, 2016
This was a really simple recipe to follow. I melted the chips in the microwave as I have a button for melting chocolate. I did have trouble melting the white chips. I burned two bowls before I remembered melting these chips for a cookie drizzle. I added a teaspoon of white vegetable
shortening and it did fine. I also had purchased crushed peppermint for another recipe so that was easy. Nice addition to a cookie plate.