- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs; beat well. Combine the flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice. Fold in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Carrot Muffins
"For me, this recipe did NOT turn out mushy at all and was very good! I like the mild orange flavor and it's not so sweet like a dessert muffin usually is. I've made these several times and every time they turn out great."
"This muffin has a very mushy texture, likely due to the amount of carrot. It lacked sweetness and overall flavour. I threw them out."