Olive Oil Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes1/2 cup per batch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (1/4 cup total).
- To prepare dipping oil: In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 teaspoons herb mix with water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds. Drain excess water. Transfer to a shallow serving plate; add oil and stir. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 122 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 20, 2014
Excellent as dip with beer bread. Will keep it on hand in the pantry
Jun 25, 2012
Delicious! Will definantly keep it on hand. I used paprika instead of pepper flakes. Nice zip!
Dec 22, 2011
Was told it was better than they had in expensive Italian restaurants.
Aug 20, 2010
very tasty and easy to make
Jul 18, 2010
Good recipe. However, we blacken the garlic flakes in the oven and don't bother with blanching (mixing with water to plump). Also, we used cracked black pepper corns and don't use the red pepper flakes.
Jan 13, 2009
I love it and so did my son!! Wonderful!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.