No-Yolk Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 10 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with fat-free milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and refrigerate for another use. Set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard and food coloring if desired; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 35 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 14, 2014
I fixed regular filled eggs last Easter and few were eaten. I love the idea of "potato salad" in the eggs. I think it will go over much better. I'll make them more often!
Jan 15, 2011
Brilliant idea. On a low Chol diet, this works right in to what we like. I added black pepper and sweet pickle relish as if making a potato salad. The yellow food coloring really tricks the eye and tummy. Thank you for this recipe! It's a keeper.
Dec 20, 2010
I didn't make them yet but, they sound exactly like I will. I have high BP, so these will be better than all the yolks that are in other deviled eggs! I can't wait to try these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.