New England Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Stir in the butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 192 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 31, 2010
This came out great. Did add salt and pepper, plus I baked in the oven, instead of using the micowave.
Sep 26, 2010
I have made this recipe many times, actually, but I don't put in the maple syrup (makes it too sweet for me). I will occasionally put in some brown sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg, along with some salt and black pepper (all to taste).
Jan 18, 2010
This is a great recipe. It's very easy to make and tasty, too!!!
Oct 15, 2008
Very Good.Used mixer after i mashed. Make sure its very soft when cooked.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.