Muffuletta Olive Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups green olives with pimientos, halved
- 1 cup coarsely chopped giardiniera
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pickled beets
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least eight hours, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with toasted baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 99 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2017
I've had many Mufalettas, but none of them include beets. The beets give a sweetness that just doesn't work. Recommend omitting them.
Mar 5, 2015
Very good. Omitting beets is a must. They throw off the texture in this recipe. Yes adding salami, ham, mortedella and cheese is a must.
Feb 15, 2015
Good recipe. In our house we make it without the beets and capers, and add carrots for a touch of sweetness.
Jul 20, 2013
I served this again as a salad. I added cooked pasta, mozzarella cubes, salami, green peppers. Excellent!
Jul 17, 2013
I didn't have the beets or the capers but used everything else in the recipe.EXCELLENT!! I think this would be good with pasta and maybe cooked meat.
Apr 25, 2013
This very close to the New Orleans muffuletta olive salad, howerver; I recommend deleting the beets and using more olives; both black and green, but not all Greek olives (though I love them too), they are not traditional. This makes a really good sandwich and with a few alterations I will make it again and again. Also love it with ham, chicken and 'burgers.