Moist Italian Turkey Breast
This recipe renders some of the juiciest turkey I have ever eaten. High in lean protein, it’s a smart entree for a special occasion. —Jessica Kunz, Springfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours + standing
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), thawed and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables and broth in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker; top with turkey breast. Brush turkey with oil; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads at least 170°, 5-6 hours. Remove turkey from slow cooker; let stand, covered, 15 minutes before carving. Serve with vegetables. If desired, strain cooking juices and thicken for gravy.