Mocha Nut Fudge
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and coffee granules with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape into two 9-in. logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap and cut into slices.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Dec 5, 2016
Good fudge! I omitted the nuts (family preference). Next time I think I'll use less coffee and dissolve it in the vanilla extract, as I found it the flavour a bit too strong, and it was not completely dissolved. Otherwise, it was very easy to make and everyone liked it.
Dec 3, 2016
I made this today, and I can't stop nibbling! So easy and so good! I used black walnuts and a superfine ground instant coffee a friend brought me from Columbia. I knew those two bold flavors could possibly overwhelm the chocolate, so I only used half what the recipe called for. The result is fantastic. I can't wait to do this again with different substitutions. Just a really really good recipe. 5 stars!
Dec 19, 2014
it tasted more like chocolate ganache than fudge
Jan 13, 2013
This was very good fudge. My only complaint is that it didn't make near enough to share! lol
Feb 2, 2010
Nov 13, 2009
So easy to make. Taste sinfully good! The coffee really enhances the chocolate flavor. The slices will look wonderfuly on my Christmas Cookie platters
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.