Mississippi Mud Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Toasted chopped pecans and chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat flour, pecans and butter until blended. Press into the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Make chocolate pudding according to package directions; let stand 5 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust. Spread pudding over cream cheese layer; top with remaining whipped topping. If desired, top with additional pecans and chocolate curls.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 466 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
This is the best. My family loves it. Didn't change a thing. Thank you, Elizabeth, my family all lived in Thibodaux for many many years. Last name was Tardo, do you know any of them. I believe they are all gone now and one of my cousins lives in Kenner and one in Chalmette...