County Fair Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in nuts and chips.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 742 calories, 51g fat (26g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2017
cooked for 1 hour and my pie was very runny. isn't 1 c butter too much?
Nov 17, 2015
Excellent pie. I did use pecans, because I had those on hand but I don't think that hurt anything :)
Feb 4, 2014
This pie is a winner! It is rich, but delicious - like a chewy cookie bar. It travels very well, freezes well, and always sells out at our school's bake sales. I love how anything can be tossed into the basic recipe and it always comes out just right.
Oct 19, 2011
Rich but very good. Easy to make.
Feb 6, 2011
My husband declared this pie VERY good so it will be a dessert that I will bake often.
Jan 14, 2010
Very tasty. I made this for a charity auction and it brought in $75. Tastes like a big chewey cookie.