County Fair Funnel Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and brown sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into funnel. Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet release finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter is released (scraping funnel with a rubber spatula if needed).
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
Mar 2, 2015
The taste was OK, but the texture wasn't great. It either made a deep-fried pancake, crumbs or strips, depending on whether I used a funnel, a measuring cup or a spoon. I don't think it's worth the calories.
Jul 25, 2013
One year we went to our local town festival with family from out of town. After we returned home from the festival I made the County Fair Funnel Cakes. Everyone thought they tasted just like funnel cakes from a fair.
Jan 1, 2013
We Loved it!!! Just like the State Fair!
Sep 15, 2012
THIS WAS A GREATTTTT RECIPE ANDI LOVEDDDD IT YUM
Aug 21, 2010
Tasted great but couldn't get the batter to make a funnel, was like crumbs. Poured into grease from funnel, don't know what happened but will try again.
Aug 18, 2010
This recipe was so easy to make! I used soy milk and added vanilla to the recipe. I have a daughter that is allergic to Dairy. Her allergy makes it hard to find things for her to eat at our county fair. She has two older sisters so she always wants to eat the same as them. This recipe made it possible for me to give her the same as her sisters.
Aug 8, 2010
This was so easy and very good. My family and friends loved it!
May 8, 2010
These are great the only thing I did was add some vanilla to it,yummy!
Oct 13, 2009
We made this recipe when it first came out.Recently, my daughter married and moved away. She called me asking for this recipe.
Aug 29, 2009
I'm so excited to make these tomorrow. Theresa