This dessert is an all-time favorite at our house. Since it freezes well, you can make it ahead of time and simply get it our shortly before you need it. I usually cut it into serving-size pieces before freezing to make it even quicker to serve!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- Combine flour, nuts and butter; pat onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mixes and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Add 1 cup whipped topping and mix well; spread over crust. Spread pudding over cream cheese mixture. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer. Grate chocolate over top. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 306 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Mississippi Mud in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.