- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Divide dough in half. On the foil, form each portion into an 11x3-in. rectangle.
- Bake at 300° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Increase heat to 325°.
- Transfer rectangles to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake 10 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMemorable Biscotti
"It is my husbands favorite....and he can't get enough!"
"This recipe was sooooo good even my picky husband loved them and asked me to make them again. A real keeper"
"Mmmm! MMMmm! Turned out so good. Dangerously good my mom said :)"
"Great Biscotti... I added a Tbs. of Aniseed and toasted the almonds.This is so good with coffee."
"Love this recipe!!!!"
"This Biscotti is really good & easy to make. I always thought it was a huge process to make Biscotti but decided to give it a try when I was in Anchorage at my Sister's house. I have now made it three times & it gets easier each time. Even the four year old loves it. He calles it 'crunchy bars'."
"I have received so many compliments on these biscotti when I have brought them to functions"
"This is a family favorite and a must-have for Christmas. We gave this as a gift to a teacher several years ago, and she's asked for some every year since."
"Delicious! Tastes just like our grandmother's famous "anise toast"!"