Toni’s Tropical Biscotti
My second mom had a hankering for biscotti with pistachios and dried papaya. Since she's a fabulous cook, I gave it a whirl. The result was sensational!—Bonnie Hauschild, Wellington, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange zest and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut, mangoes and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each half into a 12x4-in. rectangle. Bake 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.