Mediterranean One-Dish Meal
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa. Top with spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 307 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
May 13, 2020
A delightfully delicious meal. I am used to country cooking so this was totally out of my comfort zone but we'll worth it. I will make this again.
Aug 14, 2017
I normally don't like quinoa, but cooking it in the tomato liquid really imparted a lot of flavor. Definitely a keeper. It took more like 20 minutes after adding the quinoa. We felt that it needed a little kick and added some crushed red pepper which really elevated the flavor. I made with shallot instead of onion. Next time I will incorporate crushed red pepper during cooking and probably add more spinach.
May 11, 2016
This was one of the tastiest and easy meals ever! The kalamata olives and feta cheese really makes this dish so flavorful!
Apr 23, 2016
Delicious! Will make again.
Apr 18, 2016
Very good! I doubled the spinach because it didn't seem like enough, and it worked out well. Next time I'll cut the sausage a little thinner but I'll definitely make this again.
Sep 30, 2014
Was delicious. I made it for two and we got a couple of meals out of it. I used black olives because I am not a huge fan of olives, but I can stand black olives mixed with other things. It was well-like and I am going to make it again.
Sep 28, 2014
Easy and pretty tasty. The texture was a little weird for me though. Very meaty.
Dec 1, 2013
This was pretty good, I will make again.
Jun 21, 2012
Easy & a huge hit with my family!!! So delicious.
Feb 14, 2012
Easy and delicious!