Maryland Corn Pops
Fresh-picked sweet corn is a big thing in Maryland. Here’s my homespun version of Mexican street corn. —Kristie Schley, Severna Park, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 24 corncob holders
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- Brush all sides of corn with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic powder and pepper. Cut each ear of corn into thirds. Insert one corncob holder into each piece. Spread corn with mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle with cheese, seafood seasoning and cilantro. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 corn pop: 164 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Maryland Corn Pops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016