Harvest Corn Cakes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) Reese's pieces
- Dried corn husks
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; add nuts. Grease and flour a 9-in. round baking pan; add batter and bake as directed. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Freeze the cake for easier cutting. Cut the cake into ears of corn using the diagram found here. Set aside the remaining cake for another use.
- Place cakes on a serving platter or covered board. Frost tops and sides with 1-1/2 cups frosting. Decorate tops, sides and bottom ends of each ear with Reese's pieces. Cut corn husks into 8- to 12-in. lengths. Attach to cakes using additional frosting. Gently pull the husks together in the middle and tie with twine.
Finished size: Not including paper twist pieces, the middle cake shown in the photo measures about 8 inches long x 3 inches wide, and each side cake measures about 6 inches long x 2-1/2 inches wide.
Cake Diagram >
Nov 14, 2014
Can't wait to try this with my granddaughter....might try Twinkies instead of cake.
Sep 24, 2014
Awesome !!! My granddaughter and I had some fun putting this together...
Aug 3, 2014
Didn't see the diagram for cutting the cake into corncobs.Please post this diagram. Thanks!
Aug 5, 2009
love this idea!! can't wait to try it!! thanks!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.