Maple Cream Meringue Pie
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in syrup and cream. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter. Pour into pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 18, 2016
Very good,looks just like the picture,will definitely keep this recipe.
Oct 13, 2014
Our brother-in -law from Quebec had to have a second piece.Excellent flavor
Nov 22, 2011
Everyone loves this pie. The meringue is very tasty as my daughter will say. This is the only meringue she eats.....
Oct 10, 2010
Absolutely awesome. My friends and family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.