- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad or 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a skillet, combine chicken, water, vinegar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce and bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, whisk mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, parsley, mustard, onion and remaining oil until blended. Arrange salad greens on a platter. Top with oranges, chicken mixture and chow mein noodles. Sprinkle with green onion and almonds. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMandarin Chicken Salad
"Delicious!!! I was craving a chicken salad with mandarin oranges and came across this recipe. We followed the easy directions added asparagus to our salad. The chicken was amazing as is the salad dressing, the best honey mustard dressing I've every had. I don't usually like honey mustard dressing but this one we will make again. This recipe is a keeper! I'm so happy we found it!!"
"My husband and I loved this! It's wonderful for the hot summer days that you don't want to heat up the house. It's fast to put together and so yummy!"