Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Spread rice in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms. Pour orange juice and broth over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Garnish with oranges, paprika and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 519 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Dec 30, 2017
I rate this 5 stars for ease in making and clean-up. I used only 4 chicken legs since dark meat is what my family prefers. A corning ware dish was perfect to bake it in and serve it. It did take much longer to bake- an hour longer than the stated time. I plan to make this again using chicken breasts as in the recipe.
Aug 23, 2010
Excellent chicken. I eliminated the mushrooms, and also found that the cooking time was closer to 60 minutes. Very moist and tasty.