Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Spread rice in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms. Pour orange juice and broth over all. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Garnish with oranges, paprika and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 519 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Dec 30, 2017
I rate this 5 stars for ease in making and clean-up. I used only 4 chicken legs since dark meat is what my family prefers. A corning ware dish was perfect to bake it in and serve it. It did take much longer to bake- an hour longer than the stated time. I plan to make this again using chicken breasts as in the recipe.
Aug 23, 2010
Excellent chicken. I eliminated the mushrooms, and also found that the cooking time was closer to 60 minutes. Very moist and tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.