Makeover Swiss Chicken Supreme
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup crushed reduced-fat Ritz crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Place the chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and milk; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 291 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 18, 2018
This was better than I expected it to be. I used panko bread crumbs instead of the crackers.
Feb 16, 2018
I've been trying to eat healthier, so I purchased TASTE OF HOME COMFORT FOOD DIET COOKBOOK. I have tried several recipes from it with great success, and this is one of them. I often used to make the full fat/calorie version and I was craving the creamy deliciousness of it. I gave this one a try and loved it! The only changes I made were I used 2% milk and regular Ritz crackers because that is what I had on hand. I served this with steamed broccoli.
Mar 29, 2014
This was not only yummy, but so easy to make!!! Will certainly do it again
Feb 15, 2014
Very tasty! I pounded the chicken to tenderize. I topped with Panko, not crackers and butter. I used more garlic powder and onion powder, not minced onion. I serve it over brown rice.
Dec 16, 2013
Like fancy Hawaiin haystacks! I took out the sour cream since my family doesn't eat that and it was still delicious!
Aug 8, 2013
I used a homemade "Cream of Something Soup Mix" to make this recipe and it was delicious! Before cooking the the chicken I pounded it with a tenderizer and it practically melted after cooking. I liked the swiss cheese, but I think next time I'd like to try maybe a smoked provolone or a sharp cheddar. I topped the mixture with panko crumbs and no butter before baking and it was delicious!
Jan 4, 2013
Made this as stated, however used shredded swiss instead of slices. My family enjoyed this very much served over rice. Next time I think I will try sprinkling cayenne over the chicken to give it more flavor and kick. :)
Aug 2, 2012
Good quick recipe! I was able to throw it together after I got home from work. Chicken was very moist. It was hard to believe that this was fairly healthy! It took me closer to 40-45 minutes in baking time, but I might have had thicker chicken breasts. We're not big onion fans, so I'll probably cut down ont he minced onion next time.
Apr 4, 2012
We really liked this recipe! It's 8 PPT in Weight Watchers so that's a bonus. I will make it again.
Nov 4, 2011
This has become one of our favorite dishes. I make twice the sauce and serve brown rice and broccoli with it; we pour sauce over everything! I use italian bread crumbs instead of crackers and no butter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.