Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 332 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 11, 2015
This is really good and simple to prepare! Everyone likes it!
Mar 19, 2014
I thought the sauce was too thick. It was more like a dip than a sauce. I might prefer using half the amount of sour cream and add 1/4 c. broth to make it "saucier" Also I think it would be better with sautéed celery and/or onion. And I would use fewer crackers and only put them on the top. Apparently Ritz are classic to this recipe, but I think breadcrumbs on top would work fine, if not better.
Jan 8, 2013
Awesome...loved it : )
Oct 30, 2012
We're not big poppy seed fans so I left those out. This is so, so good! My husband said if I would let him he would eat the whole dish!
Dec 14, 2011
Great dish! Very easy too! Mine turned out soupy, so I cooked some noodles, enough for six people, to serve the chicken mixture over. It was excellent! I will definitely make it again!
Dec 14, 2011
I will definitely make this dish again! Just had it for dinner tonight, made it with FF sour cream, and served it over steamed broccoli. It was delicious!
Jan 20, 2011
While I try to avoid using soup as a sauce, it can't be beat for speed, and the reduced calorie soup and crackers don't keep this from being very comforting and tasty. I serve it over noodles to take advantage of its "soupinesss." It's popular with my husband and two teenage sons.
Jun 23, 2010
I love this recipe. It is a staple recipe for dinners I take to new moms because it's so good, yet gentle for nursing babies. It's so easy to make too!
Aug 28, 2009
thought this recipe was really good. I have made the full fat version before and didn't really miss the fat and calories from the original dish. I doubled up the recipe and put one in the freezer to make for any easy dinner another night.
Jul 22, 2009
way too much soup for me. was checking the website to see if the 2 cans was a typo.