Lime Spritz Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 64 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 28, 2012
EASY and good
Dec 15, 2011
I make these every year... and everyone loves them. The little bit of lime is a hit. Sad these get such bad ratings - I've made them over and over and have never had problems with the dough.
Dec 27, 2010
I did like the flavor of these cookies, but had a hard time mixing them. I usually have no trouble with my cookie press, but this dough was more than it could handle. I finally had to make them into balls and press with a cookie stamp.
Dec 5, 2010
Dough did not come together properly, too stiff to go through cookie press, and when I patted it out in a pan and baked it, it had no flavor except butter.
Feb 10, 2010
These are great -- I made them with raspberry gelatin in the shape of hearts for Valentines - went over great.
Nov 30, 2009
I do not have a cookie press but I decided to try these cookies anyway. Maybe that was my mistake as I did not care for these cookies. Will take some to our pot luck and see if others enjoy them. Probably will not make again.
Nov 15, 2009
My 10 year old daughter helped me make these today. WOW! Yummy flavor!!! Easy dough to work with. I am wondering if other jello flavors will work just as well? Can't wait to try that idea out. LOVE THESE COOKIES!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.