- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLime-Ginger Chicken Tenders
"A great twist on traditional chicken tenders! Made for a quick and easy "homemade" dinner (instead of buying frozen tenders from the store!). Substituted the jalapeno pepper for some green Tabasco sauce, since I'm not a huge fan of cooking with jalapenos. Served with mash potatoes and some dipping sauce. Will definitely keep this recipe in my dinner file!"
"Really quick and tasty. Could be eaten as fajitas or with rice, beans, and salsa. We had it with low carb spaghetti seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper and a sprinkle of an Italian 5 cheese blend. Served a side dish of steamed baby carrots and broccoli. I could also serving this with Asian vegetable and rice or rice noodles."