- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground macadamia nuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Toasted coconut and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine coconut and nuts; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar; cook over low heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Add lime juice and zest; beat until blended. Tint pale green with food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with coconut and additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forLime Coconut Cheesecake
"Delicious and easy. Will make this again for sure!"
"Excellent as written. No need to change a thing. Thank you so much for a great, great recipe. Definitely a "keeper" !!"
"This is my all time go-to recipe when I can't think of any dessert to bring to a gathering. It is absolutely the best. I'm making it again this week for a baby shower that I'm co-hosting. I will probably make three of them."