- 5-3/4 cups refrigerated citrus punch
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Lime slices
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the citrus punch, limeade, sugar, lime juice and sherbet; stir until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Add soda and food coloring; stir to mix. Float lime slices on top. Serve immediately. Yield: 20-24 servings (1 gallon).
Reviews forLeprechaun Lime Punch
"We didn't like this with the citrus punch, rather with tropicana tropical punch. It changes the color just slightly since the tropical punch is a red base and the citrus is an orange base...but it tasted a lot better."
"Excellent Taste and Color. easy and simple to make."
"This recipe was very fun for St. Patrick's Day. I used regular old Sunny D because the jug says it is "citrus punch." I left out the sugar, and I think without the lime juice that would have been fine, but I did use a lot of fresh lime juice and think the sugar would have balanced the sour. I used Great Value fat free lime sherbert, Twist Up (cheaper than 7Up or Sprite!) and Great Value limeade. I also forgot the food coloring and was afraid the orange Sunny D would mix with the green to make brown, but instead it stayed a pleasant, cheerful bright green. I will definitely make this again because I can't stand ginger ale punches!"
"This looks good. Tampico makes a Citrus Punch that is a blend of Orange, Tangerine, and Lemon. Sunny D is another possibility with their Orange Fused Peach Punch. Walmart also carries a line of citrus punchs"
"I would like to make this recipe but what type of "citrus punch" am I looking for? Frozen, in dairy section, brand? What works best? Thanks!"
"probably my favorite punch that I have ever had. I made for a party I had around St Patrick's Day. I plan on making for an upcoming baby shower. Love it!"
"What kind of citrus punch do you use? I already see limeade as the other ingredient. and a lemon lime soda is used can someone tell me what to use?"