Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, dry pudding mix, poppy seeds and lemon zest. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 17, 2018
I really don't care for recipes in a wonderful magazine like Taste of Home that uses things like biscuit mix and instant pudding mix. It seems like adding too many imitation flavors and textures. I sometimes use quick mix recipes but would really rather see those in a quick cooking magazine. Sorry :-( I really am not a food snob!
Apr 24, 2017
Delicious! I loved these!
Apr 9, 2012
I'm wondering if the people who wrote negative reviews left off the glaze? I made this as written and it BURST with lemon flavor - but mostly from the glaze I think. We loved these. They came out perfect and were super easy. A new Easter tradition was born.
Nov 12, 2011
Husband raved over this recipe. I'll need to keep lemon pudding on hand.
May 28, 2011
I made these into mini muffins for our women's group at church & they were a big hit! I even made half of them using gluten free biscuit mix and they were also very good. Although the muffins aren't very lemony flavored, the glaze (which I made thinner & dipped the muffins in) made them so good!
Apr 6, 2011
I make these on a regular basis--my family loves them.
Apr 21, 2010
I wouldn't even make this recipe once! Bisquick and pudding mix- come on! Can't you come up with a recipe from scratch without all that artificial stuff? I'm sure I could search on your site for a better choice.
Apr 19, 2010
WAY TOO DRY and NO FLAVOR.....I'd rather use a box mix.
Feb 11, 2010
I was out of flour when I ran across this recipe. My daughter was having friends over after school & I have 3 kids. They were all gone in 5 minutes which was OK because they were so easy to make. I'll definately make them again. Also, I made mini muffins and cooked them for 10 min.
Jan 23, 2010
Like Styrofoam. No flavor. Don't waste your ingredients.