Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, dry pudding mix, poppy seeds and lemon zest. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 17, 2018
I really don't care for recipes in a wonderful magazine like Taste of Home that uses things like biscuit mix and instant pudding mix. It seems like adding too many imitation flavors and textures. I sometimes use quick mix recipes but would really rather see those in a quick cooking magazine. Sorry :-( I really am not a food snob!
Apr 24, 2017
Delicious! I loved these!
Apr 9, 2012
I'm wondering if the people who wrote negative reviews left off the glaze? I made this as written and it BURST with lemon flavor - but mostly from the glaze I think. We loved these. They came out perfect and were super easy. A new Easter tradition was born.
Nov 12, 2011
Husband raved over this recipe. I'll need to keep lemon pudding on hand.
May 28, 2011
I made these into mini muffins for our women's group at church & they were a big hit! I even made half of them using gluten free biscuit mix and they were also very good. Although the muffins aren't very lemony flavored, the glaze (which I made thinner & dipped the muffins in) made them so good!
Apr 6, 2011
I make these on a regular basis--my family loves them.
Apr 21, 2010
I wouldn't even make this recipe once! Bisquick and pudding mix- come on! Can't you come up with a recipe from scratch without all that artificial stuff? I'm sure I could search on your site for a better choice.
Apr 19, 2010
WAY TOO DRY and NO FLAVOR.....I'd rather use a box mix.
Feb 11, 2010
I was out of flour when I ran across this recipe. My daughter was having friends over after school & I have 3 kids. They were all gone in 5 minutes which was OK because they were so easy to make. I'll definately make them again. Also, I made mini muffins and cooked them for 10 min.
Jan 23, 2010
Like Styrofoam. No flavor. Don't waste your ingredients.