Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 76 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 27, 2018
These are nice little muffins although like others say you can't taste the lemon even with doubling it, might try tripling next time. Also not very sweet, probably would double sugar next time. And yes probably 8-10 mins cooking time max.
Jan 5, 2018
I recommend to double the lemon extract and decrease baking time to 10-11 minutes.
Feb 28, 2010
These were really yummy. I doubled the lemon extract, and it was still a bit mild to my taste so I will add more next time.
Jan 29, 2010
Very tasty, though I only get 2 dozen mini muffins or 9 regular muffins with this recipe.
Apr 1, 2008
I have made this recipe for years and years. It is sooo yummy. I sometimes substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream and it turns out just fine. I also like to add a little more lemon extract.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.