Lemon Poppy Seed Shortbread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in poppy seeds and lemon juice. Gradually beat in flour.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 4-in. circle. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Cut each circle into six wedges, but do not separate. Prick tops with a fork. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes. Transfer shortbread to a cutting board; recut into wedges. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 92 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 5, 2012
Very yummy and quick, takes shortbread to a whole different level. We loved the flavor, I also added 1/4 tsp. of lemon extract to boost the flavor. Mine did not puff up or look as nice as the ones pictured, but tasted great despite the fact that they were a little crumbly.
Oct 2, 2009
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The nutrition facts listed are for 2 cookies, what about when you eat half the batch???
Oct 11, 2008
These are very tender and tasty - wonderful!