Lemon Poppy Seed Shortbread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in poppy seeds and lemon juice. Gradually beat in flour.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 4-in. circle. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Cut each circle into six wedges, but do not separate. Prick tops with a fork. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes. Transfer shortbread to a cutting board; recut into wedges. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 92 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2012
Very yummy and quick, takes shortbread to a whole different level. We loved the flavor, I also added 1/4 tsp. of lemon extract to boost the flavor. Mine did not puff up or look as nice as the ones pictured, but tasted great despite the fact that they were a little crumbly.
Oct 2, 2009
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The nutrition facts listed are for 2 cookies, what about when you eat half the batch???
Oct 11, 2008
These are very tender and tasty - wonderful!