Lemon Mint Curd
I like to "dress up" ordinary recipes with my fresh, homegrown herbs. This minty lemon curd is a family favorite! —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Place sugar and mint leaves in a food processor; process until blended.
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk eggs, sugar mixture, lemon juice and lemon zest until blended. Add butter; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 170°. Do not allow to boil. Immediately stir in minced mint.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool. Press plastic wrap onto surface of lemon curd; refrigerate until cold. Serve or transfer to covered jars and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Originally published as Lemon Mint Curd in Country Woman December/January 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.