- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning, divided
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and red onion
- Cut butter into six slices. Place on a small plate; freeze until firm. For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, broth and 1-1/2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six patties. Place a butter slice in the center of each; shape beef around butter, forming 3/4-in.-thick patties. Sprinkle patties with remaining hamburger seasoning.
Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Spread buns with softened butter. Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with sauce and toppings.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forKing Burgers
"This burgers were ok, nothing special. I thought they were a bit salty, probably from the broth. They were not as moist as the comments promised. Sauce was good. I've done a similar sauce on other things."
"I really enjoyed these, but the wife did not care for the taste of the burger. The sauce was very good also."
"Very juicy burger. Hamburger Seasoning is: 2 t paprika, 1 1/2 t of each pepper & salt , 1/2 t brown sugar, 1/4 t of each garlic powder-onion powder-cayenne pepper. Never been a big fan of horseradish but this sauce is yummy."