Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in spaghetti; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce and the remaining spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Apr 18, 2011
This is a wonderful recipe!! A bit different than the usual spaghetti, but even better. We had this tonight, and everyone loved it! I'll be making this again, probably many times :-)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.