- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
Stir in artichoke hearts, tomato sauce, wine and Italian seasoning; heat through. Gently stir in cheese. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pasta.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sausage mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place sausage mixture in a saucepan; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Sausage with Artichokes and Feta
"I liked this recipe, my husband did not, but he's from Italy and objected to the feta cheese. I found this recipe to be quick, easy and flavorful. I will make it again when my husband is not home. I used a 8 oz. can of tomato sauce because I did not want to waste a half can of sauce and a 4 oz. packet of feta cheese."