Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 18 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and red pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes. Add green onions; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; toss with vegetable mixture and reserved sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 263 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
May 15, 2014
I love this recipe. I had lost it and now I have found it and I am so excited~ I add pan seared steak to this recipe and sugar snap peas. I cook it all in sesame oil.
Mar 24, 2014
Excellent, light tasting dinner with just the right amount of heat.
Sep 17, 2012
Excellent recipe! My husband & I add a whole sweet red pepper (instead of a half) and pine nuts to this recipe. We keep a jar of chopped jalapeno peppers "on hand" and use 2 heaping TB in this recipe.
Jun 9, 2010
Made this for dinner tonight (for a picky eater for a hubby) and it was pretty tasty but a tad too spicy. I would cut back a bit on the jalapeno and add a little olive oil when tossing it all together. Next time we thought it would be good too with chicken pieces in there. Will make it again.
Dec 6, 2009
My husband and I love this dish! It is so tasty. We add scallops, shrimp or salmon pieces. A lot of ingredients but definitely well worth it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.