Iced Raisin Biscuits
Whip up a warm, mouthwatering breakfast treat in a snap! Sweet raisins and maple syrup bring out the best in this seasonally-inspired spice blend. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 2-1/4 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add raisins. In a small bowl, combine milk and syrup; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.