My husband and I like to enjoy this grown-up version of hot chocolate on a cold winter evening. It's even better made with honey-flavored bourbon if you can find that in your local store. —Andrea Harvath, Duncannon, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 40 Homemade Drinks That’ll Make You Feel Warm & Cozy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and baking cocoa, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate and honey until chocolate is completely melted. Return to heat; cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in bourbon and vanilla. If desired, top with whipped cream; sprinkle with cocoa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Bourbon Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018, p217