Homemade Pickling Spice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container. Use in favorite pickle recipes.
Nutrition Facts1/8 teaspoon: 1 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2019
I'm with nanacul. How much is too much? What and how much liquid is best to pickle with? What scoville level is the red pepper? Is it Capsicum or a Chilli?
Aug 15, 2014
this makes 128 servings, but I need 2T for my recipe. How would I know how much of each spice to take out of the jar?
Sep 15, 2013
Sep 25, 2012
Is it really just 2 whole cloves or should that be 2 teaspoons?