Homemade Pickling Spice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container. Use in favorite pickle recipes.
Nutrition Facts1/8 teaspoon: 1 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 15, 2014
this makes 128 servings, but I need 2T for my recipe. How would I know how much of each spice to take out of the jar?
Sep 15, 2013
Sep 25, 2012
Is it really just 2 whole cloves or should that be 2 teaspoons?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.