- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- In a bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add 2 cups cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Cool for 20 minutes. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Gradually beat in lemon gelatin. Stir in pineapple. Carefully spoon over the lime layer. Chill until set.
- Dissolve cherry gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add the remaining cold water; stir. Spoon over the lemon layer. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Ribbon Gelatin
"This is light, refreshing, beautiful, elegant, and delicious. Everyone loves it. The colors and complementary flavors make it perfect for Christmas, but it is great any time of the year. I plan to try different flavors/colors of gelatin for the bottom and top layers for the various seasons."
"This is easy to make, turned out perfectly the first time and everybody loved it. Delicious! In the future I am going to make a red, white and blue version of this by substituting berry blue gelatin for the lime gelatin."
"Since this recipe was published I have made it every holiday I am always asked to bring it, I am making it right now"