Holiday Lace Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Fold in pecans and cranberries. Shape dough into two 6-in. logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until center and edges are browned and lacy. Allow cookies to cool completely before carefully removing from foil.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 121 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2010
These are SO yummy! Like a cross between toffee and caramel. I usually have bad luck when making delicate cookies like this, but these turned out perfectly and were very easy to remove from the foil. Next time I will make them smaller (they spread a lot) and chop the nuts and cranberries into little pieces. Otherwise, WONDERFUL!!
Dec 17, 2009
I think these cookies are interesting and different. But yummy! I make mine a lot smaller than the recipe calls for. I will add more nuts and berries next time. Give it a try, its easy. I bake on parchment all the time and wouldn't want to try foil on this delicate cookie.