Holiday Lace Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Fold in pecans and cranberries. Shape dough into two 6-in. logs; wrap each and chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° until center and edges are browned and lacy, 11-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before carefully removing from foil.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 121 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 24, 2010
These are SO yummy! Like a cross between toffee and caramel. I usually have bad luck when making delicate cookies like this, but these turned out perfectly and were very easy to remove from the foil. Next time I will make them smaller (they spread a lot) and chop the nuts and cranberries into little pieces. Otherwise, WONDERFUL!!
Dec 17, 2009
I think these cookies are interesting and different. But yummy! I make mine a lot smaller than the recipe calls for. I will add more nuts and berries next time. Give it a try, its easy. I bake on parchment all the time and wouldn't want to try foil on this delicate cookie.