- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Slow Cooker Chicken
"My family enjoyed this. I used bone in chicken thighs since that's what my husband prefers and it wasn't dry at all. It fell off the bone and was very flavorful. I lifted the skin and put the rub underneath the skin which worked out well. I would definitely make this again."
"I really liked it after adding 1 tsp of browning sauce instead of 1/2 tsp. I use this seasoning for boneless, skinless and bone-in breasts. The bone-in is usually more flavorful. I cook it for less time when I use boneless, skinless."
"My family did not like this recipe. There are much better tasting chicken recipes."
"Awesome dish! We love it!"
"My 12 year old says "Best chicken Ever!""
"This was good, but not the best. Not as flavourful as I thought it would be with all the herbs used. Added celery &carrots, as some suggested. Used bone in thighs, cooked for 4 hours (probably done in less time). The broth was good thickened with flour, served over rice. Will try again, adding more herbs. Very quick to put together, but as I said, just not as much flavour as we like."