Herbed Cherry Tomatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Add parsley, basil, oregano, salt and sugar. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain; serve on lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 56 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 5, 2017
I fixed this special side dish for family and everone loved it! The tomatoes taste so fresh and it's so easy to fix!
Oct 4, 2011
I have lots of tomatoes and this was a tasty way to use a bunch of them. I used Italian seasoning instead of the various herbs and skipped the salt altogether.