Herb-Roasted Game Hens
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or a thermometer reads 180°.
Nov 6, 2019
Check out my blog, KindlyKal.com We used this recipe for our murder mystery party dinner and I just featured it in our latest post!
Mar 15, 2019
My husband cooked this meal. He split the birds down the backbone, marinated and then placed them on the grill with charcoal. Delicious. 30 minutes t grill and we are keeping this recipe.
Nov 7, 2012
This actually cooked for about 2 hours, not 50 minutes. Used 2 game hens totally 2.5 pounds. Very good!
Feb 20, 2009
I actually have the issue this came from, and it's 20 OUNCES each.
Aug 2, 2008
I agree -- a TWENTY POUND GAME HEN? Really? Does the recipe work for say a TWO POUND GAME HEN? Seriously -- sounds delicious and I'm about to try it!
Jul 25, 2008
a 20 pound game hen?