Herbed Cornish Hens
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt, divided
- 1-1/8 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the hens on a wire rack in a large roasting pan. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, butter, paprika and 1 teaspoon each of thyme, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour half over the hens; set the remaining mixture aside for basting. Combine salt, pepper and remaining thyme, seasoned salt and garlic powder; sprinkle over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved lemon juice mixture. Bake 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally, or until the meat is tender and juices run clear.
Mar 4, 2013
Chicken was very tender moist. Didn't have a great deal of flavor over that.
Apr 15, 2012
I use this on chicken too.
Aug 27, 2010
This dish was great. It didn't come out as golden as I had hoped but it tasted great. It was my first time making Cornish Hens and I used my own rice stuffing made with Turkey sausage, green peppers, onions and chicken broth.
Jul 27, 2010
This was my and my husband's first experience with cornish hens, and they were fabulous! The herbs were absolutely wonderful, and the lemon juice was a fabulous background taste. Definitely a keeper!
Apr 28, 2010
Simple, and a very tasty basting sauce!
Feb 6, 2010
We made these for our Christmas Dinner and they were a big hit. Easy to make an very delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.