Glazed Cornish Hens
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens. Bake until golden brown and juices run clear, 30-35 minutes, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 hen: 402 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2018
Made this the other night,husband and kids loved it,but I made steamed rice and veggies for the side lol??
Apr 7, 2015
I also used orange marmalade on the hens and served with the Apricot Rice Stuffing at Easter dinner. Well received!
Jan 6, 2015
I served this on Christmas eve.It was so easy to fix and I was out of the kitchen in no time flat!! The family raved about it!!
Dec 7, 2013
I didn't have any apricot spreadable jam so I used orange marmalade. It was really good and so easy to fix. My husband enjoyed it. Served it with mac and cheese, mixed vegetables, dressing and Hawaiian rolls.
Sep 22, 2013
I fixed this for Sunday dinner today. It turned out beautifully! Such an easy recipe -- such spectacular results! Served with baked sweet potato and steamed asparagus. Mmmmmm!